Start a new topic

How do I edit the beacon parameters? (Transmission power, Ad interval, etc)

Steps to Configure Beacons through iOS App:

1. Go near to the beacon you want to configure.

2. Tap on "My Beacons" from the main screen in the app.

3. Get the beacon detected, which will enable the edit option for that beacon.

4. Click the beacon once enabled. You will be taken to Beacon properties.

5. After this click "Edit" on the action bar at the top it will connect to the beacon for editing the properties.

6. Don't forget to click the save icon on the action bar to save the changes once done.

7. Observe the LED light is on to ensure the connection with that beacon.

Steps to Configure Beacons through Android App :

1. Go near to the beacon you want to configure.

2. Tap on "My Beacons" from the main screen in the app.

3. Get the beacon detected, which will enable the edit option for that beacon.

4. Click the beacon once enabled. You will be taken to Beacon properties.

5. After this click "Edit" on the action bar at the top it will connect to the beacon for editing the properties.

6. Scroll down to the "Sensor data" where you will find the Transmit power and Advertising interval. 

7. Edit it as per your liking (the range in meters corresponding to the Tx power is given).

8. Don't forget to click the save icon on the action bar to save the changes once done.

9. Observe the LED light is on to ensure the connection with that beacon.

Drawbacks:

If the transmission power is changed to a higher value [ in your case -4dbm is a higher value] the battery consumption is relatively higher

Please Note:

• If the beacons are set to transmit at -4dbm then the beacons should at least be 20 meters apart to avoid overlapping of their regions
  • Please connect only one device with the beacon while editing

1 person has this question

Whenever i change the Tx Power the beacon stops scrolling through the different modes and just sits on iBeacon. Essentially useless.

@Texas We only allow changing Tx Power and Adv. interval of the beacon. Let me know if you are unable to change those.

I cannot edit my beacons while in the "edit" menu.  All fields are grey and don't allow me to edit.  Is this a restriction based on my subscription plan?  Our account plan says "Starter Kit + Platform".  Please advise.

When I try to update the parameters for transmit power and advertising interval it defaults back to -8 dBm and 152.5 ms.  The settings do not stay.  I see the green light blink and on the app I see the parameters immediately revert back.  This is on BLE M1-AA.  Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment